Thursday, March 15, 2012

M4P and Competitive Manufacturing

Making markets work for the poor!I learnt a new term yesterday I had a concept of but no name for.If you see my earlier posts you will realize that I have been writing about the need to develop basic forms of manufacturing or value addition that enables poor communities to have linkages with lucrative markets.This is all about including the poor in the value chain.I termed it,manufacturing the only way out of poverty.I advocated for food based or agricultural based processes.In short close linkages to farming with manufacturing being the link to the market. I am perusing the mission of helping small to medium organizations to set value adding activities and improve them.The key issue is to develop small producers to have competitively sound processes and linkages that result in technological transfer.I will be sharing experiences and process improvement measures as I visit the various factories across the country. The key issues in manufacturing competitiveness is defining the basis of competing and setting up strategies that ensure a reliable supply chain. I am glad someone out there is also looking at making M4P work.It can only do so with manufacturing!Competitive manufacturing.We will be focusing on edible oil processing from sunflower seed supply production and demonstrate the application of world class manufacturing principles in a simple process that can do so much for M4P.

No comments:

Blog Archive